Sunday, April 11, 2010

Overdog

Just when I was starting to warm up to the overdog Tiger Woods, the story broke, along with his SUV, of his serial infidelity. Now I don't want to root for Woods because I don't like him personally.

Many people, at least at Augusta, have no problem dichotomizing Tiger the golfer from Tiger the man. I do. Where is the line? Would we root for Jack the Ripper or Hitler if he could hit a clutch shot at the Masters?

Then again, we have no assurance that any of the other guys don't do exactly what Woods did ... or would if they could. Still, I feel golf as a gentlemen's game has lost something by all of this, and that's too bad. Tiger's no gentleman, and neither are we.

PROGRAMMING NOTE: This blog has moved to http://stanguthrie.com. Please update your records. Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home