Thursday, April 08, 2010

Stan Guthrie Communications Site Launched



Since October 2004 StanGuthrie.com has been parked on Blogger. Except for the last few weeks (when I was forced to give it a Blogspot address), there it has remained, basically unchanged. But times and needs change, and so must this website. This isn't the end, but a new beginning.

Today I'm excited to announce that StanGuthrie.com is moving to WordPress. While StanGuthrie.com remains the URL, the official name for the site is now Stan Guthrie Communications. This change reflects the broader mission of my business.

Since parting with Christianity Today last year, I have actively expanded my presence in book publishing as an author, coauthor, editor, podcaster, speaker, and literary agent. In addition, I continue to do journalism and public relations work.

The new StanGuthrie.com reflects this expanded mission. Besides remaining the home for my personal blog and Thought of the Day, the site is a one-stop shop of publishing news and information. StanGuthrie.com:

- more effectively promotes my business as a writer, editor, speaker, and agent;

- highlights my books;

- provides a live news feed on publishing and journalism;

- offers interesting facts and insights about publishing;

- allows you to hear (and in one case so far to see) podcasts, radio interviews, and some of my speeches; and

- serves as a gateway to tons of information about book publishing, journalism, and the Christian faith.


While the Stan Guthrie Communications site is unabashedly self-promotional, I believe it provides a real service to authors, publishers, and readers. You should expect to come away with something new after each time you visit.

And of course you will see why you should consider hiring me. The motto of the new site sums it up well (if I do say so myself):

Because Words Matter.

I will keep this current Blogger site up a while longer to ease the transition, but for new content, please go to StanGuthrie.com.

Thank you!

1 Comments:

Blogger Stan Guthrie said...

An additional note: In the coming weeks I will be adding links to lots of my articles and columns, so please check back often.

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home