Saturday, October 04, 2008

The Bailout: Real Money

The $700 billion bailout has finally passed, and the Republic is saved. I'd applaud but it's hard to clap when you're holding your nose. I'd be happier if there was less talk about greed on Wall Street and more retribution against those in Washington who let this happen. While American taxpayers are going to have to pay more than $3,000 apiece for this boondoggle, partisan hacks such as Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, and Nancy Pelosi will keep their jobs.

Oh, and by the way, the $700 billion bailout isn't. Lawmakers did the unconscionable, tacking on an extra $100 billion in incentives and goodies. You know what they say: A hundred billion here, a hundred billion there, and pretty soon you're talking real money.

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve K. said...

Just thought I'd mention that's your guy Bush who put this stinkbomb on the table, and your boy (or shall I say "partisan hack"?) McCain -- along with a bunch of other Republicans and Democrats (like Obama and Biden) -- who voted for it ;-)

I'd say everybody's hands are pretty stinky from this thing, so don't go "partisan hacking" away yourself, Stan.

10:52 PM  
Blogger Stan Guthrie said...

Hey, Steve ~

Glad you're still reading!

As I've said all along, this is a bipartisan stinkbomb. I hope you don't mind if I emphasize the Democrats' involvement, since they're trying their best to deposit the whole reeking mess at Bush's door.

Stan

6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home