Tuesday, September 01, 2009

NIV, world’s most popular Bible, to be revised

Some gender terms could get makeover in first update in quarter century

By the Associated Press

Note: I used to use the New International Version as my main translation and now use the English Standard Version. I do hope the coming revised NIV will be free of the poor decisions from Zondervan that hurt the NIV's credibility with millions of Bible readers. It will be interesting to see if the NIV can ever regain the position of trust and dominance it once enjoyed. I believe that many of us former NIV readers are happy with our new translations and don't feel a strong need to come back.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim Orme said...

The thing I dislike most about the ESV is its unreadability. I read a paragraph at a funeral right after it came out and the paragraph contained only one sentence. I had to take two breaths to get through the sentence. I think most Americans don't think in long sentences. So, I'm glad Pastor Moody prints the NIV in the bulletin. Blessings on you.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Stan Guthrie said...

And you, Jim.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home