Monday, May 08, 2006

A New Season

Nearly 3,000 years ago, the Preacher said, "For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven." October 2004 through today has been a rewarding and interesting season for stanguthrie.com.

With your kind forbearance over the last year and a half, I have posted a weekly commentary or Q&A and (since December 2004) a daily thought. While some people say you should never talk about politics and religion, in this small corner of cyberspace I have endeavored to do both, attempting to show the reasonableness of the Christian faith, the right of Christians to participate in the public sphere, and the responsibility of us all to live the examined life, because a final examination is coming.

I have also attempted to lighten things up occasionally. Ours is a smiling God, and those who seek to follow him should reflect the divine grin.

I'm honored by your choice to invest some of your precious minutes at this site. I'm also grateful for all those who have contributed to the conversation, either as interviewees, posters, or e-mailers. Your contributions have enriched my life, and I trust the lives of others.

Now, however, I sense the need to refocus. Maintaining a website (even a modest one like this) is both a thrill and a burden, and it is time for me to lighten my load just a bit. Thus, I will be cutting back on the number of postings this summer as I look into other projects.

Instead of a weekly commentary, I will attempt to post occasionally. While the quantity will decrease, I hope the quality will increase. I will stop doing the "Thought of the Day" until further notice. I will be glad, of course, to continue answering your e-mails.

Also, I will continue providing links to helpful articles (particularly those I discuss on WMBI's "Mornings" program and on other venues). I will also post new links whenever one of my own articles becomes available online. You'll be able to follow my reading lists and media and speaking schedules here, too.

Summer is the season for reruns, so feel free to peruse my archives at your leisure. I hope to get back into the weekly fray in the fall–tanned, rested, and ready.

"Of making many books, there is no end," the Preacher said, and he might well have included "blogs" if the Web had been available then, adding, "and much [posting] is a weariness of the flesh."

Here's hoping you have a restful and rejuvenating summer. Talk to you soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home